What is Propane?
Propane, also called Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG or LP), is a gas compressed and stored as a liquid. It is one of the cleanest and least-complex hydrocarbons in existence. It is non-toxic, colorless and virtually odorless (the pungent skunk-like aroma you smell is an additive to keep you safe!). It has numerous uses inside and outside your home and is a clean, abundant energy source.
Why should I use Propane?
- It is Affordable. On average, propane costs about half as much per BTU as electricity.
- It is Reliable. You can still have heat, hot water and hot food during electricity outages even in the worst of weather conditions.
- It’s Warmer. Compared to electric heat, a propane heating system is, on average, 20 degrees warmer.
- It is Readily Available. Propane is convenient and portable, and can be used virtually anywhere, whether you are in the country or the city.
- Easier maintenance. Propane-fueled furnaces last between 5 and 10 years longer than electric heat pumps, on average.
- It is Environmentally Friendly. Propane is non-toxic and insoluble in water, so you don’t have to worry about a risk to soil and ground water supplies. It is released as a gas, so it doesn’t spill, pool, or leave a residue.
What can I use Propane for?
- Whole home heat
- Fireplace inserts & log sets
- Hot water heating
- Clothes drying
- Supplemental heat
- Automatic Delivery (our recommendation!)
- Some customers prefer or require Will Call delivery. With Will Call delivery, it is the customer’s obligation to keep track of their fuel levels and call for a delivery accordingly. We recommend to our customers to contact us (either via the Online Portal or telephone) when their tank is at 30%. This allows sufficient time for us to schedule and route a delivery. Calling at less than 30% puts you at risk for running out, if delivery times are estimated at longer than our standard 3-5 business day delivery window (due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances). If you run out of fuel, your system may require a restart, which is available at an additional charge.
For more information on our propane services, contact us!