Interesting Facts & Myths About Propane

Propane is a rapidly-growing energy source taken mostly from domestic natural gas processing, then compressed and stored as a non-toxic, colorless, and mostly odorless liquid (odor added for detection) for use in your home or business. We are proud to provide the fuel for whole-home heating systems and many common household needs such as cooking, water heating, and backup generators as well as fuel for forklifts, farm irrigation engines, fleet vehicles, and buses.

Propane’s application continues to grow with advancements in new technologies. There are many interesting facts about propane, but there are also many myths out there. Anytime the use of a particular fuel increases, it can create a lot of questions about the benefits provided to the customer and the environment. The team at Tri Gas & Oil wants to help you learn more about the advantages of choosing propane.

Interesting Facts About Propane

Propane is safe for the environment. Propane is clean in that it does not spill, pool, or leave a residue making it harmless to soil or water if a tank leaks.

Propane is mostly domestically-supplied. Nearly 90 percent of the propane supply in the United States is produced domestically. And nearly three-quarters of the remaining 10 percent are produced in Canada or Mexico.

Propane is clean. The 1990 Clean Air Act lists propane as an approved clean fuel. The use of propane reduces greenhouse gas, carbon dioxide, and air pollutants like carbon monoxide and nitrogen oxide.

Propane is affordable. The price of propane is generally lower than other energy sources. With its continued growth, averages prices for propane continues to put less pressure on customers relative to other energy sources. Our Energy Consultants can answer any questions you have about pricing.

Propane is efficient. The best way to save money is to have a heating system that runs efficiently. A propane heating system runs much warmer and at a fraction of the cost of a heating system that runs on electric. Want endless hot water? We offer the energy-efficient Rinnai® Tankless Water Heater, which only heats the water when it’s needed, instead of all day every day like a tanked water heater. Propane dryers dry clothes quicker and create less static than electric units, saving you time and money. Propane drying keeps clothes in better condition longer by decreasing their time in the heat!

Propane Myths (Debunked!)

Propane is unsafe. People may worry about using propane, but residential propane systems are very secure, just like the other heating systems. If liquid propane leaks, it vaporizes in the air. Advancements in heating models and vehicles have led to automatic fuel shut-offs and leak alarms. These alerts will prepare you for an emergency situation. Our expert staff can walk you through all the different safety features associated with your heating system.

Propane is only good for grilling. Completely wrong! Yes, propane is an excellent fuel source for grilling (we’re not biased at all…maybe a little). But propane is great for many usages in and around your home including whole home heat (the warmth and efficiency is substantial), supplemental heat, cooking, water heating, generators, and much more!

Propane is expensive. When considering a heating source, it’s best to take a full view approach when deciding. Take into consideration all expenses involved including cost of the product, equipment maintenance and lifespan, and many other factors. Propane is a cost-effective choice for many use applications.

One size (tank) fits all. This is definitely a myth! Depending on the application and usage amount for propane, different propane tank sizes are available. And not all tanks are aboveground. Underground options (buried tanks) also are available.

Propane heats slower than other fuels. Propane has a warmer heating point than electric systems, which makes it an efficient source of heat for your home or office.

Propane provides many advantages for use around a home or business with its high-efficiency performance, safety record, and cost savings compared to other energy sources. Another excellent benefit that Tri Gas & Oil provides is various delivery options. Give us a call today at (800) 638-7802 and our Energy Consultants can help you learn more about all the benefits of using propane.

Loading

  • TriGas & Oil Co, Fuel Oil, Federalsburg, MD

  • We Deliver the Promise.
  • 3941 Federalsburg Hwy.
  • P.O. Box 465
  • Federalsburg, MD 21632
  • Call Us: 800-638-7802
  •