The Safe Appliance Installation Rebate Program, organized by the Mid-Atlantic Propane Gas Association, offers a $200 rebate upon installation of a new propane-fueled water heater in new or existing construction.
There are 100 rebates available at the amount of $200 per rebate. These rebates are on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Installation and inspection of the water heater must be completed by December 31, 2019.
- For installations in existing homes, the new propane water heater must replace an existing electric or natural gas appliance.
- Installations in travel trailers, mobile or manufactured homes not in permanent residential or commercial use are ineligible.
- Both tank style and tankless water heaters are eligible.
- The installation must take place on real property located within Delaware or Maryland and be clearly identified by physical address on the rebate application.
- Eligible water heaters must be propane-fueled, either a storage-type rated at not less than 30 gallons water capacity or a continuous (tankless) type rated at not less than 50,000 Btu/hour input.
For additional information, and to apply for the rebate, homeowners should visit mapga.org.