Homeowners are constantly looking for the best way to power their home, whether that be for drying your clothes, heating the house, or cooking food. The team at your oil company in Maryland, Tri Gas & Oil, is a proud supporter of the propane-powered home. Propane is a clean and abundant energy source, so check out these advantages to see if switching from electric to propane is the right choice for you.
- Heating Your Home
- Fireplace Inserts
- Heating Your Water
- Cooking, Stove or Grill
- Drying Clothes
Why Use Propane?
- Clean and Environmentally Friendly: As we previously mentioned, propane is a clean source of energy. It is completely non-toxic and insoluble in water, so you won’t have to worry about soil and water issues if a problem occurs. It is also released as a gas, so you never have to worry about spills or a pool forming.
- Affordability: Propane typically costs almost HALF as much per BTU as using electricity. If you’re looking to save on your energy bill, then you should try using propane instead of electricity.
- Reliability: If an electrical outage occurs, you will still be able to get the hot water, heat, and warm food that you want if you use propane. Maintain access to all of the comforts of your home, even in the worst of weather conditions.
- Availability: Propane is easy to find and easy to transport. It can be used no matter where you live, in the populated city or in the wide open country.
- Warmer: A propane heating system typically gets about 20 degrees warmer than an electric heating system.
- Easier to Maintain: When compared to electric heat pumps, propane-fueled furnaces usually last between five and ten years longer.