New and existing homeowners are constantly looking for the best way to power their home. And there are a lot of choices available – electric, natural gas, propane, heating oil, solar power. So how do you know which one to choose?
Whether you’re heating your home, drying your clothes, or cooking food – propane is an excellent energy choice! The Tri Gas & Oil team, your quality propane company in Maryland and Delaware loves a propane-powered home. Propane is a clean and abundant energy source. There are many advantages of using propane over electric or natural gas, and a few of them are listed below.
What can I use propane for?
- Full Home Heat
- Supplemental Home Heat
- Fireplace Inserts
- Water Heating
- Clothes Drying
- Outdoor Living (outdoor fireplaces, firepits, heaters, grilling)
Why Choose Propane vs. Electricity?
- Clean and Environmentally Friendly: Propane is completely non-toxic and insoluble in water, so you won’t have to worry about soil and water issues if a problem occurs. It is also released as a gas, so you never have to worry about spills or a pool forming.
- Affordability: Propane typically costs nearly HALF as much per BTU as electricity. If you’re looking to save on your energy bill, then choose propane over electricity!
- Reliability: If an electrical outage occurs, and your home is run on electric – then you’re out of luck. But if you have a propane-powered home, you’ll still be able to have hot water, main heat, and cook your food. Continue utilizing all the comforts of your home, even in the worst weather conditions.
- Availability: Propane is easy to find and easy to transport. It can be used no matter where you live, in the populated city or in the wide open country.
- Warmer: A propane heating system typically gets about 20° warmer than an electric heating system. And they deliver 98% efficiency!
- Longer Lifetime: Propane furnaces last between 5 and 10 years longer than electric heat pumps.